Friday, February 13, 2009

Science Fiction

I've never approved of Valentine's Day as a holiday. It's totally bogus on all fronts, as the Onion so sweetly and succinctly explained. You might think my disapproval stems from my solitary state, but even during the years I've had boyfriends or dates on Valentine's Day, it's been awful. But fake holidays are not what I'm here to talk about.

ANYWAY...I was staying in tonight, partly because of rain and partly because, not only was there a new episode of "Battlestar Galactica," but Joss Whedon had a new series premiering, "Dollhouse." So I had myself a little scifi party, complete with takeout. I thoroughly enjoyed both shows, especially BSG, during which I finally felt like we poor viewers finally got some answers to all the questions and cliffhangers the writers have been building. It was great fun and I had a lovely evening playing with my kittens and instant messaging my scifi-minded friends and generally squealing with excitement at the new developments. 

And interestingly enough, I think that in itself gives me some clues about the kind of guy I want to be looking out for--a really nerdy one. The kind who'll spend Friday night on the couch with me and hold my hand when BSG (or Dollhouse) gets really exciting. 

Teeeheee. NERRRRRRD.

No comments:

Post a Comment